Statement of scientific code of ethics is a statement of code of ethics for all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, mitra bestari, and authors/writers. This statement of ethics code for scientific publications is based on the Head of LIPI Regulation Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications, which in essence is a Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications which essentially upholds three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicting interests in the management of publications ; (ii) Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those entitled as authors / writers; and (iii) Honesty, i.e. free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Manager
- Determine the name of the journal, scope of science, validity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine editorial board membership.
- Defines the relationship between the publisher, editor, bestari partner, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and bestari partners.
- Applying norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Conduct a journal policy review and present it to the author/writer, the editorial board, bestari partners, and readers.
- Create a code of conduct guide for editors and bestari partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of financial resources for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare licensing and other aspects of legality.
Duties and Responsibilities of Editor
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors/writers
- Strive to continuously improve the quality of publications
- Implement a process to guarantee the quality of published works
- Promoting freedom of opinion objectively
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author/writer
- Actively soliciting the opinions of authors, readers, bestari partners, and editorial board members to improve the quality of publications
- Encourage the evaluation of the journal if there are findings
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethics Clearing form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearing Commission
- Supporting initiatives to educate researchers about the ethics of publications
- Reviewing the effects of published policies on the attitudes of authors and bestari partners and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors
- Having an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions
- Not maintaining one's own opinion, the author or a third party that can lead to decisions that are not objective
- Encourage the author/writer, so that they can make improvements to the paper to be published.
Duties and Responsibilities of Mitra Bestari
- Obtain the task of the editor to review the paper and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the eligibility of a paper to be published.
- Examiners may not examine written papers that involve them, either directly or indirectly
- Maintaining the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
- Encourage the author / writer to make improvements to the paper
- Re-examine the paper that has been repaired in accordance with predetermined standards.
- The paper is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication's environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author / Writer
- Ensuring that those who are included in the list of authors/writers meet the criteria as authors/writers.
- Collectively responsible for the work and content of the article including the method, analysis, calculation and details.
- State the origin of the resources (including funding), both directly and indirectly.
- Explain limitations in research
- Respond to comments made by bestari partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will retract his writing.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to other publishers.